PDA

View Full Version : AIDATA.INI

Cedar
09-13-2004, 04:54 PM
I want to make a general build buildings. I have already edited the scripts delt with the Buildlist. But when it loads up the general builds the war factories, airfields, barracks, internet center, then sometimes the strategy center and super wqeapons. It does not build tunnel networks patriot batteries speaker towers or anything else. (but it builds the teams of coarse)... Question is why won't it build everything I told it to build through scripts and AIDATA.ini?

DeeZire
09-13-2004, 06:16 PM
Did you tell it to specifically build those structures, or did you tell it to 'construct a base defense'? If you told it to construct a base defense, than you need to define that structure with the BaseDefenseStructure1 = statement for the relevant side in AIData.INI.

Failing that, you need to make sure that the AI has the pre-requisites to build the structures you want, usually a Barracks in this case, and also that it has the correct Command Buttons to build them in its Dozers' or Workers' CommandSet.

Cedar
09-20-2004, 03:27 PM
I added everything in the AIData.ini file (except I have to use object list for the base defense on account I couldn't decide which one to have so I threw them all in. hehe :) But anyway I've arranged the AIData structures all sorts of ways and found it some what depends upon the order... it also for some reason depends upon the scripts (the IFs and everything else, also what order you have it built, moving in line with the prerequisites)
I tried just making my own scripts but that failed so I'm going to base it on Super weapon's Scripts... but question still remains it won't build the object list on the flank or front door of base. (got it to build strategy center and 3 of the super weapons)... summing up question is why won't the AI build the object list I defined on the front or flank of his base??

Mithril
09-21-2004, 04:02 AM
Is it for a new player? If so, you must check that the map you are playing on has the new player in its Player List. You may want to acquire the script debugger from this site (Generals Editing Utilities (http://www.deezire.net/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=3))

It seems to me as if you have just edited the build list in its raw form in the AIData.ini.. this may result in an endless loop that tells the AI to find the correct position to place the building unless this is done precisely. You may wish to load up WB, click the build list tool, select your faction, place your structures (starting with the command center, or an equivalent initial building), once you are done hit the "Export" button and navigate to your Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour\ directory and find the file <faction name>_BuildList.ini. Copy the contents of that file into the appropriate place in the AIData.ini.

That way you have a visual approach to designing the base layout.

Cedar
09-27-2004, 04:44 PM
Is it for a new player? If so, you must check that the map you are playing on has the new player in its Player List. You may want to acquire the script debugger from this site (Generals Editing Utilities (http://www.deezire.net/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=3))

It seems to me as if you have just edited the build list in its raw form in the AIData.ini.. this may result in an endless loop that tells the AI to find the correct position to place the building unless this is done precisely. You may wish to load up WB, click the build list tool, select your faction, place your structures (starting with the command center, or an equivalent initial building), once you are done hit the "Export" button and navigate to your Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour\ directory and find the file <faction name>_BuildList.ini. Copy the contents of that file into the appropriate place in the AIData.ini.

That way you have a visual approach to designing the base layout.I have added everything into the player list of the map, I have done everything absolutly perfect... according to the information I have. But I may end up answering my own question... due to the fact that each general has its units, sctructures and special system information in a specific order in each file it very well could be that I just simply need to change the order of MY general.

PS- Added new general and yes I have updated the maps and everything else accordingly thank you for your input but I have already covered that base :)