+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

yeah, i know i don't know what tebrey is smoking cause i keep my tga files in my documents and the dds files in art/textures

Small question, how do i rig now? Do i just seperate the skinned areas and add bones?

yeah, seperate the turret from the body, then seperate the barrel from the turret, make sure the parts are correctly pivoted and aligned to world, then align the bones to their respective parts, then, link the muzzle flash to the barrel then the barrel to the turret

Thanks Henford nice simple tutorial that even i could understand and thats saying something. BTW like the other guy said all screenshots should have numbers it makes it way easier

*hints DZ*

make this topic sticky

Henford,.....Thank you,

I'm finnaly able to unfold a model succesfully!!! now my next step is to learn how to make the skins themselves :S

o btw i have a small question, how do where each poly in the unfolded version will be in the finished mesh??

Quote Originally Posted by Henford
    yeah, i know i don't know what tebrey is smoking cause i keep my tga files in my documents and the dds files in art/textures
    apparently the same thing as you since you though you had to have both in there when we talked about it. It is called not knowing something. It happens to everyone.

I am glad to hear that the game will use the dds. i'll have to reskin again since I just spent the weekend reducing all my textures. Grin.

BTW how do you deal with polys that want to distort when they unfold? That is actually why I never use Chilliskinner. Never seems to work for me on the more complex models. oh well.

just click yes when the worning box pops up.

one other thing how do you know whitch parts of the uv map go where on the model

Um, you just click yes and it alters the numbers of polys in the layout. That means it doesn't go back onto the model.

Oh, well. I seem to be doing well without it. Easier to keep track of the regular way anyway.

post, lol to keep this on the front page
    Oldfaq