+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    Default modified INI and generals.csf cause Technical difficulties

    I wanted to put a custom unit name (and tooltip, etc.) for my unit. So, I changed in the FactionUnit.INI the pathes for the strings (OBJECT:name_of_unit, etc.) and added the keys in an extracted generals.csf.

    I put all the files in the BIG file.... and the game don't want to start (technical difficulties). Seems that my new keys can't be found.
    :cry:
    Any Idea ? Is it a special rule to follow ? .csf file can be included in a mod .BIG file, right ?

    I can post my .BIG file soon if you want it.

    Thanks for help.

  2. #2

    Default

    okay, they Object:nameofunit part, did you alter the name in the commandset and commandbutton also?

    there is really no need to alter the objectname unless you are making a new unit. change it back or change it in the commandsets/button. That is causing the crash.

    and yes, CSF works fine in big files.

  3. #3

    Default

    It's for a new unit, I've listed all the strings in commandbuttons and factionunits and want to make mines.

    Will see on a released MOD in a BIG file, I'll certainly find my problem.

    Thanks a lot anyway

  4. #4

    Default

    How new is the unit? Is it just copy and paste or is it mostly new? New upgrades, weapon, locomotor, commandset? If any of these are missing or misspelled then the game won't load. If something is missing in csf file you'll just get a Missing:Object message where your string should be.

  5. #5

    Default

    It's the Hover MLRS from Tiberian Sun showed on week ago. Sames upgrades than crusader, but new locomotor and weapons.

    Everything works when I don't use CSF file changes, so I'm sure the problem is near.

  6. #6

    Default

    Go into your My Documents/Command and Conquer Generals Data Folder and look for a file called ReleaseCrashInfo
    That will tell u ur problem

  7. #7

    Default

    Ok, it works now. It seems that my CSF was corrupted causing the crash. Re-exporting the original CSF file and re-adding keys solved my problem.

    Thanks for your help.

Similar Threads

  1. How to add modified consturctable buildings?
    By stewox in forum Tiberium Wars Editing
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-21-2008, 07:39 PM
  2. "Technical Difficulties"
    By Ambershee in forum Generals & Zero Hour Editing
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-16-2006, 12:12 PM
  3. Experiencing Technical Difficulties.......
    By Kyp678 in forum Generals & Zero Hour Editing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-31-2003, 09:37 PM
  4. Technical Difficulties with the technical (!)
    By Sponge in forum Generals & Zero Hour Editing
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-19-2003, 11:57 PM
  5. Technical Difficulties
    By socialburn in forum Generals & Zero Hour Editing
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-26-2003, 12:32 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts